Minimum Equipment Requirements
- The Apple 13 inch MacBook Air (256GB with M1 Chip)
- Optional Portable USB Hard Drive minimum size 500GB (for backing up) or use College issued Google File Stream to backup online.
- A hard-sided sturdy carry case is highly recommended and is compulsory, soft sleeve cases, neoprene jackets are thin and do not provide any protection if the MacBook is dropped.
AppleCare+ Protection Plan
- Please ensure that you purchase the MacBook under the educational pricing structure and purchase the AppleCare+ Protection Plan.
- AppleCare+ for Mac provides up to three years of expert technical support and additional hardware coverage from Apple, including up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months.
- Each incident is subject to a service fee of A$149 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or A$429 for other damage.1 In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone through getsupport.apple.com.2 Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date.
- The final decision on the best option/model for each child needs to be made by you the parents/carers.
- The BYODD MacBook program is a compulsory condition of enrolment at Magdalene Catholic College.
The link below explains the Apple pricing structure for the different MacBook models currently available.
Click here to compare models